A new home for the School of Health Sciences
The School of Health Sciences will be moving to a new premises on the Surrey Manor Park campus in 2019. The building, located at 30 Priestley Road, is being redeveloped to provide the highest quality education, support and simulation facilities for both staff and students.
30 Priestley Road
The new facilities will be located in close proximity to the School of Veterinary Medicine, the Leggett Building, home to the School of Bioscience and Medicine’s Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and Department of Nutritional Sciences, Surrey Clinical Research Centre, Surrey Sports Park, and Royal Surrey County Hospital.
The opening of the building will be the beginning of a new state-of-the-art facility for the School of Health Sciences to teach our nursing, midwifery, paramedic science and operating department practice programmes.
The new building will become the hub for the Faculty Executive Board.
The building at 30 Priestley Road will feature:
- Flexible and technologically enabled teaching/study space
- A large active learning space (180 capacity)
- A new simulation suite – mock health care environment consisting of two large wards, an operating theatre, a community flat and ambulance bay
- Self-directed learning lab – a dedicated space for students to learn and practice essential clinical skills
- Virtual environment – two rooms equipped with wall-to-wall immersive projector systems
- A dedicated student support office
- Large student study spaces and computer facilities
- A coffee shop and large seated social space in the atrium
- Open plan office space for c.190 staff
- Car park with c.250 spaces.