News and events
Explore the latest activities our group are involved with.
- We are organising a special session on circular business models at the International Conference on Resource Sustainability (icRS), taking place on 7-9 August at the University of Surrey
- Our latest article is available online: Strategies and practices to reduce the ecological impact of product returns
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) has awarded our group a research grant to investigate how retailers can assess circular business opportunities. This project started in April 2023
- Our work is catching media attention from the following outlets: The Guardian, DeliveryX, Internet Retailing the Southern Daily Echo and the Medium.
- Read our article on how retailers can combat returns policy abuse and fraud
- Professor Lisa Jack discusses product returns in her blog "Who's in charge of returns?"
- Woxsen University, India, invited Gina to discuss product returns for their Woxsen International Lecture Series on 12 July 2022
- On 30 June 2022, Gina gave a seminar, organised by the ECS Centre for Internet of Things and Pervasive Systems, on the topic of "multichannel retail: the role of IT in managing product returns and related fraud"
- Gina delivered a keynote address on modelling and forecasting product returns and related fraud at the Reverse Logistics Association's European Summit in Amsterdam, 22-23 June 2022
- Our work featured in The Sunday Times
- Listen to Gina discussing product returns and returns fraud with Professor Tony Hines in his podcast series Chain Reaction.
- We delivered a virtual incubator session on product returns at the EurOMA Sustainability Forum on 22 March 2022.
- Check out our latest articles on mapping returns processes and how product returns can be a chance for transitioning towards a sharing economy
- A new edition for the Springer book series "Greening the Industry Network Studies" is out: Africa and Sustainable Global Value Chains.
- We were awarded a research grant (2020-2022) under the UKRI's call to get funding for ideas that address Covid-19. The project was a collaboration between the Southampton Business School, the School for Electronics and Computer Science (ECS) and the ECR Retail Loss Group, an association of retailers and manufacturers.
- Our article, the hidden costs of online shopping – for customers and retailers in The Conversation, has been read over 70,000 times so far, picked up by over 50 Media outlets and also has been translated into Indonesian.