We have industry-standard facilities including a state-of-the-art Design Centre and an environmental wind tunnel.
Take a tour
Explore what facilities are available to our students.
More about our facilities
We have various facilities available within our School that help our students with their studies as well as offering consultation with businesses.
- Atmospheric Measurement and Observation Facility: NERC National Facility for atmospheric science, which can replicate atmospheric conditions and is unique in the UK
- Attitude Determination and Control System Test Facility
- Auto Lab
- Bioelectronic Laboratory
- Clinical-Grade Human Movement Laboratory: Hi-tech cameras film subjects in motion, then we employ computer software to analyse footage
- Design Centre: The bottom floor is home to the Formula Student Team. The top floor is a dedicated design lab and collaborative work area
- Engine Test Cell
- Flight Simulator
- Mechatronics Laboratory
- Mechanical Engineering Workshop: This includes traditional manufacturing technologies such as machine tools, computer-based approaches such as CAD-CAM and emerging technologies such as additive manufacture (3D printing)
- Microstructural Studies Unit and Surface Analysis Lab: Housing electron microscopes and analysis equipment to examine microstructures and determine compositions of materials
- Robotics Laboratory
- Mechanical Testing Facility
- Specialist Medical Engineering Laboratory
- Wind Tunnels and Rolling Road Wind Tunnel
- Zebra: The Department’s fully autonomous car.