The School is home to extensive facilities that support our research and teaching activities including our Design Centre, analytical and mechanical testing facilities, and environmental wind tunnel national facility.
Take a tour
Explore the facilities available to our undergraduate students.
More about our facilities
Facilities available within our School help our students with their studies as well as enabling research and consultation with businesses.
- Atmospheric Measurement and Observation Facility: NERC National Facility for atmospheric science, which can replicate atmospheric conditions and is unique in the UK
- Attitude Determination and Control System Test Facility
- Auto Lab
- Bioelectronic Laboratory
- Clinical-Grade Human Movement Laboratory: Hi-tech cameras film subjects in motion, then we employ computer software to analyse footage
- Design Centre: The bottom floor is home to the Formula Student Team. The top floor is a dedicated design lab and collaborative work area
- Engine Test Cell
- Flight Simulator
- Mechatronics Laboratory
- Mechanical Engineering Workshop: This includes traditional manufacturing technologies such as machine tools, computer-based approaches such as CAD-CAM and emerging technologies such as additive manufacture (3D printing)
- Mechanical Testing Facility
- Microstructural Studies Unit and Surface Analysis Lab: Housing electron microscopes and analysis equipment to examine microstructures and determine compositions of materials
- Robotics Laboratory
- Specialist Medical Engineering Laboratory
- Wind Tunnels and Rolling Road Wind Tunnel
- Zebra: The School’s fully autonomous car.