Find out about the ways that we can offer online activities and resources.
Aim high and stand out in your university application.
AIM4University is a seven-week programme designed to provide advice, information and mentoring (AIM) to support post-16 students with their UCAS application, personal statement and much more.
Starting on Monday 26 September, the programme is flexible and tailored to fit student requirements with 4 ways to engage:
- On demand recorded content
- Live webinars
- 1:1 online mentoring
- Invitations to exclusive campus visits
The mentoring service matches applicants with a current University of Surrey student who can share practical advice towards structuring their application in addition to recommendations towards work experience, reading and references. Students will also get ahead in their preparation by receiving invitations to attend exclusive weekly webinars on areas such as personal statements, applying for student finance and university life.
Furthermore, participants on the programme will be invited to attend exclusive campus visits on either Wednesday 26 or Saturday 29 October with appointments available with our student success advisors to learn more about the pastoral support available at the University of Surrey.
"The programme was very helpful and I am more confident and prepared for university now."
"Using Brightside to communicate with our mentors who know first hand what the process of getting to university is like was the most helpful."
"UCAS personal statement webinar was amazing alongside personal finance."
AIM4University is part of our Surrey Scholars programme and is open to UK applicants meeting our eligibility criteria.
- You live in an IMD decile 1 or 2 postcode
- You live in a POLAR4 quintile 1 postcode
- You have received free school meals within the last six years
- You receive a 16-19 bursary
- You are a young carer - you care for a friend or family member who, due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction, cannot cope without your support
- You are care experienced - you have spent time in local authority care, in a residential children’s home, have been looked after at home by a supervision order or have lived with relatives under kinship care
- You are a forced migrant – you are a refugee or an asylum seeking young person
- You are from a Gypsy, Roma, Traveller, Showperson or Boater community.
- You are a mature learner - you will be enrolling onto undergraduate study aged 21 years or over
AIM4University will start on Monday 26 September.
All webinars will take place on Wednesdays at 17:00.
All sessions will be recorded. There is no obligation to attend live but webinar links and recordings are only shared with programme participants.
Campus visits and appointments
We will hold exclusive campus visits on Wednesday 26 and Saturday 29 October with appointments available with our student success advisors.
Attendance is optional and only one date is required. Virtual appointments are also available upon request through the online booking form.
To take part on AIM4University, please apply through our Surrey Scholars online form. We will respond to you within 14 days of applying for the programme.
For any questions or queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Webinars for Year 12 and 13 students
Our webinars have been designed to guide and support you through the important decisions and milestones needed prior to starting university. You will have the opportunity to speak to our support staff, connect with our current students and have your questions answered during each session.