On this page you will find details about presentations given by members of the TEL team at various events, along with upcoming events of interest. If you would like to discuss any projects shown or future collaborations please email us.
- Rhona Sharpe gave the keynote at the LTI Scholarship Centre (LATIS) celebratory event ‘Does TEL still need learner experience research’ at the Open University in Milton Keynes, April 2019
- Rhona Sharpe and Lauren Regan spoke about Surrey’s ‘opt-how’ Captured Content policy at the Use of Video in HE day at Oxford University, April 2019
- Rhona Sharpe and Julia Brennan presented early findings from the Nudges and Analytics project at Surrey Excites, April 2019
- Colin Loughlin presented the paper: The impact of lecture recordings on HE student approaches to learning at the European Conference on eLearning (ECEL2018) in Athens. November 2018
- Julia Brennan, Rachel O'Callaghan and Darren Gash highlighted the VLE changes as a result of the staff & student co-design process in the “Show and TEL event”, University of Surrey, July 2018
- Darren Gash and Julia Brennan presented on co-designing the TEL hub support guidance pages with staff at the Academic Practice and Technology Conference at The University of Greenwich, July 2018
- Darren Gash and Marius Jugariu presented DTEL's approach to VLE change management at the "D2L London Connection" at Canada House - London, May 2018
- Rhona Sharpe gave the keynote at the learning and teaching conference at Queens University Belfast, “Digital literacy: from a definition to a graduate attribute to a measure of learning gain”, March 2018
- Darren Gash and Julia Brennan ran a workshop on ‘Exploring the Flipped Classroom’ at the Excellence in Teaching Symposium at The University of Surrey, January 2018
- Rhona Sharpe and Simon Lygo-Baker presented findings from the ABC Learning Gains project at the “Using data to increase learning gains and teaching excellence” event at the Open University, January 2018.
- Colin Loughlin presented the paper: Digitally Mediated Note-taking Practices of Students in Higher Education at SRHE Annual Research Conference, Celtic Manor, New Port. December 2017
- Colin Loughlin presented the paper: Staff Perceptions of Technology Enhanced Learning in Higher Education at the European Conference on eLearning (ECEL2017) in Porto. November 2017
- Colin Loughlin presented the paper: Open Badges: Acknowledging Soft Skills Acquisition at the European Conference on eLearning (ECEL2016) in Prague. October 2016.