Find a course
We offer a flexible general physics masters course, as well as three specialist masters courses which build on particular strengths within our Department.
Find out more about applying to Surrey.
Based on the evidence available, the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Panel judged that the University of Surrey delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
What our students say
Read our student profiles to discover first-hand what it's like to study with us.
You have the opportunity to acquire international experience as part of your studies, by taking advantage of exchange agreements with our partner universities.
Locations of our partner universities include Australia, Germany, Canada, United States and Singapore.
Our Employability and Professional Skills Advisor, Kay Pearson, works on a range of opportunities for our students to connect with employers during their studies.
Site visits and fairs
Open days at research institutes and labs are available for our students. We also promote specialist careers fairs in areas such as technology, aerospace and aviation as well as organise visits to part of the Medical Physics department at the Royal Surrey County Hospital.
Employer mentors can offer support and guidance with things like:
- Gaining an insight into a particular area of work
- Thinking about whether to stay in academia after your course or move into commerce, industry or business
- Developing your professional network
- Learning about an organisation or company and its culture.
Each semester, there is a programme of employer talks held in the department. Recent speakers include:
- Framestore (digital media/special effects)
- Ultra Electronics (nuclear radiation detectors)
- Culham Centre for Fusion Energy
- NPL (National Physical Laboratory).
Scholarships and bursaries
Discover how we may be able to support your studies with a host of bursaries and scholarships directly from the University of Surrey and external providers.