Our degree programmes build on our unique expertise and research strengths to provide you with an intellectually challenging and vocationally relevant education.
We are recognised by the ESRC for doctoral studies, CASE studentships and research training and form part of the ESRC South East Doctoral Training Centre.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) - Gold
Based on the evidence available, the TEF Panel judged that the University of Surrey delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
We offer undergraduate degrees in the following:
- BSc Criminology
- BSc Criminology and Sociology
- BSc Media, Culture and Society
- BA (Hons) Media Studies with Film Studies
- BSc Sociology
We offer four Masters programmes, which are available on a full-time or part-time basis:
- MSc in Social Research Methods
- MSc in Criminology and Social Research
- MSc in Criminology and Social Research (Corporate Crime and Corporate Responsibility)
- MSc in Criminology and Social Research (Cybercrime and Cybersecurity)
We have a thriving PhD student population of both full-time and part-time PhD students. Supervision is offered across the range of academic staff research interests. For more information see the Postgraduate Research pages.
We also offer a range of specialised day courses on a range of methodological topics and training courses for qualitative software.