STUDY YOUR MASTERS DEGREE AT A TOP UK UNIVERSITY
As a student of Dongbei University of Finance and Economics or Surrey International Institute, you have a unique opportunity to join a leading UK university when you enrol for postgraduate study at the University of Surrey.
Studying your Masters at University of Surrey while living in the UK is a life-changing experience, and one that will provide you with a competitive advantage when you enter the business world.
Based on your undergraduate degree, you will have the option to study a range of programmes that will refine your knowledge and practical skills to ensure you are ready for the workplace.
You will be supported in your transition from DUFE by staff and academics, both in China and in the UK.
POSTGRADUATE STUDY IN DETAIL
The dual-degree option from SII-DUFE links seamlessly into a Masters programme at the University of Surrey in three ways:
- The University of Surrey will guarantee acceptance for SII-DUFE dual-degree holders for entry into our postgraduate programmes (providing academic performance has been satisfactory and you meet the entry requirements for the programme you apply for)
- Holders of dual degrees are exempt from having to take an an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam
- Graduates of SII-DUFE receive a ten per cent discount on postgraduate tuition fees at the University of Surrey (for Surrey Business School and School of Hospitality and Tourism Management programmes only)
Your choice of programme will be influenced by the subjects or programme major you study in your Bachelor’s degree, and by your level of academic achievement.
Some programmes may have subject specific requirements, please check the relevant programme page on our website for details.
How to apply
Applying to study a Masters programme at the University of Surrey is straightforward and can be completed online. Staff at SII-DUFE and the University of Surrey will support you throughout the application process, and can provide advice with regards to programme choice, visas and English Language Testing System (IELTS) exams.
While there is no formal application deadline for the majority of our programmes, you are advised to apply as soon as the online application portal is opened (in the autumn of each year) to avoid missing out on a place.
Where a programme does have an application deadline, the date is displayed on the specific programme page.
Programmes generally start at the end of September.
The application process
- Choose a Masters programme for which you believe you will meet the minimum entry requirements, as advertised to you during your final year.
- Complete an online application form, as advised by the SII Registry Office. You will then be sent details of how to access the Applicant Portal, where you can track the status of your application. At this stage you will receive a conditional offer. This means that you need to meet specific conditions before we are able to confirm your place.
- Complete your degree programme, ensuring you achieve the grade required for your chosen postgraduate programme.
- Provide evidence that you've met all of the conditions outlined in your conditional offer by the specified deadline. You will then be given an unconditional offer. We advise you to accept your offer via the Applicant Portal as early as possible. You will need to pay at least £2,000 towards your fees in order to firmly accept your offer. Once your offer is unconditional and firmly accepted, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Acceptance to Study, which you will need in order to make your Tier 4 visa application.
- Complete the visa documentation and submit it to the UK Embassy.
- Welcome information will be sent to you in August or September. Complete the online initial registration. You will then enrol in person on your chosen Masters programme when you transfer to the University of Surrey.
English Language Testing System (IELTS)
All applicants will need to meet a certain level of English language proficiency.
If you have not studied a dual degree with SII-DUFE, you will be required to undertake an IELTS test and achieve the score set for the programme you desire to study.
Entry requirements vary according to the programme to which you apply. Below is an indication of UK undergraduate degree grades and their equivalent for Chinese universities.
- Where a programme requires a 2:1, this is equivalent to an average mark of 80 per cent
- Where a programme requires a 2:2, this is equivalent to an average mark of 75 per cent
LIFE AT SURREY
- We have a page of information dedicated to Chinese students considering applying to the University of Surrey, wehere you can hear from our student ambassadors and alumni.
- The University of Surrey is situated in the beautiful town of Guildford, just 34 minutes from London. See what the town has to offer.
- Read information and watch a video showcasing our beautiful campus
- Find out what makes our graduates so employable and how we help them enter the workforce
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
“After obtaining my Bachelors degree, I decided to continue my studies in International Hotel Management at the University of Surrey as I knew of Surrey’s world-renowned reputation and top league-table rankings for tourism and hospitality management.
"My studies were greatly supported by the modern teaching and learning facilities, and spacious library with a huge stock of books and vast online materials.
"Our professors’ humorous and rigorous teaching style always encouraged us to learn more. Group projects enabled us to develop good team-working skills, as well as long-lasting friendships with one other.
"The knowledge and skills developed through my studies has built a solid foundation for my career development.
"The University of Surrey has made an impact on my work attitude and given me specialist knowledge, along with an independent and critical mode of thinking, which makes me to stand out from the crowd.
"I sincerely hope more and more students will join the Surrey family, and to progress together with us alumni!”
Mr Yu Li
– SII-DUFE dual-degree holder, MSc International Hotel Management
To discuss postgraduate study options, please contact: