Being part of our Department of Physics, you can get involved in interdisciplinary research opportunities in Surrey’s world-renowned Advanced Technology Institute.
What we are researching
If you are interested in doing a PhD with us then take a look at our research and see what you could get involved with.
Find out more about applying to Surrey.
Next generation radiation detectors for in-vivo quality assurance in Medical Physics
Funding information:Full tuition fee cover, stipend of c £17,000 p.a. and a £3,000 Research Training Support Grant.
Supporting your studies
The successful candidates are expected to liaise where necessary with fellow research staff, support staff and students in the group. In addition, they will have the opportunity to benefit from the wide range of additional workshops and skill development opportunities facilitated through our university which maximise students’ preparation for a successful career beyond their PhD studies.
What our students say
Read our student profiles to discover first-hand what it's like to study with us.
Get in contact
Email the relevant supervisor below to find out more about the projects.
- Developing a compact neutron/gamma dosimeter based on CZT - Annika Lohstroh
- Monochromatic breast imaging - Silvia Pani
- Multiple-energy imaging for breast density quantification - Silvia Pani
- Silica materials for dosimetry - Annika Lohstroh
- Synthetic diamond and silicon carbide for radiation detection - Annika Lohstroh.