What we are researching
In the Research Excellence Framework 2014, we ranked 6th in the UK for research intensity, 10th for research output and 12th overall.
- Big data and resampling techniques
- Spatial econometrics
- Quantiles regression
- The econometrics of auctions
- Econometric identification
- Quasi-experimental methods
- Structural modelling
- Duration models
- Heterogeneous agents in macroeconomics
- Optimal taxation
- Learning and imperfect information in macroeconomics
- Rational choice theory
- The consumer choice model
- Empirical revealed preference
- Choice under uncertainty
- Behavioural economics
- Models of household decision making
- Games theory
- Financial economics
- Strategic voting
- Strategic experimentation
- Mechanism design
Find a course
Find out more about applying to Surrey.
Our Doctoral College supports the academic and professional development of postgraduate researchers to ensure our world-leading research continues to grow. There is also an extensive Researcher Development Programme run at university level.
What our students say
Read our student profiles to discover first-hand what it's like to study with us.
"During my time at the University, I have enjoyed some great opportunities. I’ve attended seminars and conferences, been able to showcase my research, travelled around the UK and abroad, met people from all over the world and taught some modules at the School of Economics to second and final year students."Diana Lima, PhD Economics