What we are researching
In the Research Excellence Framework 2014, we ranked 6th in the UK for research intensity, 10th for research output and 12th overall.
- Big data and resampling techniques
- Spatial econometrics
- Quantiles regression
- The econometrics of auctions
- Econometric identification
- Quasi-experimental methods
- Structural modelling
- Duration models
- Heterogeneous agents in macroeconomics
- Optimal taxation
- Learning and imperfect information in macroeconomics
- Rational choice theory
- The consumer choice model
- Empirical revealed preference
- Choice under uncertainty
- Behavioural economics
- Models of household decision making
- Games theory
- Financial economics
- Strategic voting
- Strategic experimentation
- Mechanism design
Find a course
Find out more about applying to Surrey.
Funded MRes/PhD studentships in Economics
Funding information:UK or international fees covered for the full duration of the programme (MREs+PhD). A yearly stipend (for 2022-23 entry, £17,668 + £2460 (for teaching duties)). A yearly research allowance for research expenses and travel to conferences. In addition, there are generous funds available for periods of research visits abroad, and other research expenses (beyond the personal research allowance).
Our Doctoral College supports the academic and professional development of postgraduate researchers to ensure our world-leading research continues to grow. There is also an extensive Researcher Development Programme run at university level.