What we are researching
In the Research Excellence Framework 2014, we ranked 6th in the UK for research intensity, 10th for research output and 12th overall.
- Big data and resampling techniques
- Spatial econometrics
- Quantiles regression
- The econometrics of auctions
- Econometric identification
- Quasi-experimental methods
- Structural modelling
- Duration models
- Heterogeneous agents in macroeconomics
- Optimal taxation
- Learning and imperfect information in macroeconomics
- Rational choice theory
- The consumer choice model
- Empirical revealed preference
- Choice under uncertainty
- Behavioural economics
- Models of household decision making
- Games theory
- Financial economics
- Strategic voting
- Strategic experimentation
- Mechanism design
Find a course
Find out more about applying to Surrey.
South East Doctoral Training Arc (SEDarc) studentship
Funding information:Studentships are awarded on the basis of the academic excellence of both the candidate and the research proposal.This competition-funded studentship is available to UK and International students and includes full UK or International fee waiver and stipend at UKRI rates.
Our Doctoral College supports the academic and professional development of postgraduate researchers to ensure our world-leading research continues to grow. There is also an extensive Researcher Development Programme run at university level.