If you're interested in becoming a mentor for one of our undergraduates or giving a guest lecture on one of our programmes, we’d love to hear from you.
Our mentoring programme
The Mentoring Programme is the capstone module on the School’s Professional Development Programme thread.
It's an exciting new initiative that brings our final year students together with over 40 industry mentors from around the world.
Working in partnership with Troika Recruitment in London, the School’s team have attracted exceptional mentors from across the hospitality, tourism and events industries, including:
- Singapore Airlines Holidays (General Manager)
- MDQ Tickets (Business Development Director)
- London Hilton Metropole (PR and Marketing Manager)
- The Four Seasons at Park Lane (Hotel Manager)
- BaxterStorey (Operations Manager)
- Marylebone Cricket Club/Lords Cricket Ground (Head of Catering)
- Thomas Cook Group (Project Manager)
- Giraffe (Director)
- Lexington Catering (Head of Sales)
- Gather & Gather (Head of Operations for Sky)
- Four Seasons Hampshire (General Manager)
- Shangri La Hotels and Resorts (General Manager)
- Sustainable Travel International (Director of Marketing and Communications)
- Rapport (MD)
- Yo Sushi! (Operations Director)
- TUI Group (Director of Sustainable Development)
- Carlson Rezidor (Vice President, Global Group Sales)
- Rhubarb (Director of Events)
- Mustard Catering (Managing Director)
- Harp Wallen (Account Manager)
A winning exchange
The programme focuses on developing a strong mentoring relationship between students and industry professionals and encourages students to critically reflect upon their professional development throughout their studies.
Students work with their mentor through issues around leadership and extending professional networks.
In addition, each student gains hands-on experience researching an issue their mentor is currently facing within the industry to produce a final report, which includes making sound commercial and business recommendations to their mentor.
For more information about our Mentoring Programme, please email Dr Caroline Scarles.