The Department of Music and Media fuses creativity with technological innovation.
Offering a broad and diverse range of courses, students become part of a thriving community of music makers, scholars, composers and performers from academia and the music industry.
Our Music Programmes are ranked 2nd by the Guardian University Guide 2018
National Student Survey (NSS) 2017
- Our Music programme achieved 100% overall satisfaction
- Creative Music Technology - ranked 2nd for overall satisfaction
- Music and Sound Recording (Tonmeister) - ranked 2nd for overall satisfaction
- Music ranked 6th for overall satisfaction
- The Department of Music and Media achieved 94.8% overall satisfaction
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) - Gold
Based on the evidence available, the TEF Panel judged that the University of Surrey delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.