International and EU students

We welcome international and EU disabled students and will ensure your support needs are covered as much as possible.

Our support for you

We can offer support for your lectures, classes and examinations. Please be aware that the examination adjustments we can offer may differ to those you have been offered in your home country or previous educational institution. If you have specific accommodation requirements, please contact us prior to accepting your place so we can discuss your needs and guide you through the application process.

The University will not fund personal care support, for example laundry costs, shopping, cooking, washing or cleaning. You are strongly advised to contact the Disability and Neurodiversity team so that we can advise you on what is available locally to the University, how to arrange it and what the costs are likely to be, prior to accepting an offer with us. You should also investigate if there is funding available from your home country, to support you in the UK, before accepting your place.

The Disabled Students’ Allowance is only available to students who are a resident in the UK. If you are ordinarily a resident of another country, please speak to us about the equivalent support we can offer. This may include one to one study skills tuition or mentoring for certain conditions. We can also signpost you to assistive technology we have available at the University.

Applying to Surrey

If you require extra support you should contact us during your application process. We can only make adjustments if you can provide relevant current medical or educational evidence. Students with dyslexia or other specific learning differences should have their Educational Psychologists (or equivalent) report translated to English. If possible, please also bring a translated copy of your medical evidence.