Battersea Scholarship 2023 entry
The Battersea Scholarship will provide up to £12,000 (£3,000 a year for 3 years of study plus a Professional Training Year/ Placement if taken) for a care experienced student at the University of Surrey.
The Battersea Scholarship will support an undergraduate student during their degree programme at the University of Surrey. To be eligible to apply the applicant must be a first year undergraduate Home/UK student who is from a care experienced background.
Criteria for care experienced is as follows:
- Living with foster carers under local authority care,
- In residential care (for example a children’s home),
- Looked after at home under a supervision order,
- Or in kinship care with relatives or friends, either officially (for example a special guardianship order) or informally without local authority support.
The scholarship will provide £3,000 a year for three years of academic study, plus £3,000 for a Professional Training Year/ Placement (if taken). The Battersea Scholarship will be awarded to one successful applicant.
Open to Home/UK undergraduate students who are in their first year of studying an undergraduate degree.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Home/UK student.
- Must be in the first year of their level 4 undergraduate programme.
- Must be care experienced.
If you think that you might be eligible for this award, but you do not have confirmation that you are experienced, please contact our Student Success team at email@example.com, who will be able to provide guidance and may be able to support you in gaining confirmation.
How to apply
The Battersea Scholarship application form must be completed and submitted by the deadline date (08 of October 2023).
Please submit completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are the holder of the Battersea Scholarship offer you will not be eligible for the University of Surrey bursary or Care Leaver and Estranged Student Bursary.
The successful applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application in October 2023.