The Prime & Assura Healthcare Fund 2024 entry
The Prime & Assura Healthcare Fund is now open to receive applications from Home/UK students studying for a degree in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (FHMS) at the University of Surrey (excluding Veterinary courses).
The Prime and Assura Healthcare fund will be awarded to up to 25 UK students each year, and provides a one-off payment of £1,000 to support Foundation Year and Undergraduate students studying a course led by the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, with the exception of veterinary courses, at the University of Surrey.
Please note: Students can receive this bursary for several years, but they will need to re-apply each year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a household income of less than £40,000
and meet at least one of the criteria for widening participation as listed below.
- Students from Low Participation Neighbourhoods (LPNs, defined as POLAR4 Quintiles 1 and 2 by OfS*
- Students from an area of high deprivation (Index of Multiple Deprivation, IMD) Quintiles 1 and 2**
- Students from a low-income family (eligible for Free School Meals in last six years)
- Care leavers and students in local authority care
- From families where parents/carers are in non-professional households (NS-SEC groups 4-8)
- From families with no parental history of Higher Education participation
- Students classified as having a disability
- Young carers
- Mature learners
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Students estranged from their families
- Students who have a parent/carer who has served in the armed forces or reserves
- Students from Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic backgrounds
- Students from Gypsy, Roma or Irish Traveller (GRT) communities
- Students who identify as a New Traveller, Boater, Bargee or Showperson.
*You can check if a student lives in an LPN (POLAR4 Quintile 1 or 2 by using the OfS online Postcode Lookup Tool. Search by postcode - Office for Students.
** You can check your postcodes Index of Multiple Deprivation data using this online look up tool. Your postcode must be rated 1-4 in column F. English indices of deprivation 2019: Postcode Lookup (opendatacommunities.org).
How to apply
The Prime and Assura Healthcare Fund online application form must be completed and submitted by the deadline date, which is 7 October 2024.
The Prime and Assura Healthcare Fund