Surrey Business School: Management and Business PhD Studentships 2023 - January 2023 start
Surrey Business School - Management and Business PhD Studentships for January 2023 entry.
Start date1 January 2023
Duration3 years full-time (pro rata part-time)
Funding sourceUniversity of Surrey (FASS studentships)
The funding package is for 3 years full-time (pro rata part-time) and is:
- Stipend at the standard UKRI rate - £16,062 for 2022-23 (pro-rata for part time)
- Full UK or Overseas fees waiver
- Research Training and Support Grant of £750 per annum for three years (pro rata for part-time). To be used during the funded period.
Studentships are available for full-time and part-time study on the Management and Business PhD at Surrey Business School. The studentships are available for January 2023 entry.
Our PhD in Management and Business will train you in critical and analytical skills, research methods, and in discipline-specific knowledge that will give you the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for a career in academia, or as a researcher in a wide variety of settings. You could also benefit from our choice of writing a traditional dissertation monograph or by following a PhD by publication format, so your work suits your interests. The programme will give you the intellectual foundation to ask cutting-edge questions and then conduct high-quality research to address those questions.
Surrey Business School is internationally recognised for interdisciplinary, international and applied research. Our researchers work closely with industry and pursue a variety of approaches with staff across the School, often leading to innovative new thinking.
The Research Excellence Framework 2021 (REF2021) saw the University of Surrey moving up 12 places to 33rd in the UK rankings for overall research quality. The University is now also ranked in the top 20 in the UK for the overall quality of research outputs. 41% of Surrey’s submitted research rated as world-leading, the highest possible rating, up from 22% when REF last took place in 2014.
As part of REF2021, Surrey was ranked in the top 10 for the outputs and top 20 for the real-world impact of our business research.
Further details of Surrey Business School and its facilities can be found at https://www.surrey.ac.uk/business-school
Applicants will need to meet the minimum entry requirements for our PhD programme. Applicants to the Management Business PhD are expected to hold a good first degree (minimum 2:1) and a Master's degree (minimum Merit) in a relevant subject from an internationally recognised university.
Open to any UK or international candidates.
How to apply
Applicants need to make two separate applications:
- An online application for a place on the PhD programme submitted via the Management and Business PhD programme webpage using the "Apply" tab. Please clearly state the studentship title and prospective principal supervisor on your application.
- A Studentship Application Form (docx) submission. Please see guidance notes (PDF) for further details on this. The deadline for receipt of both applications is Thursday 20 October 2022 at 23:59 BST for applicants wishing to be considered for this studentship competition. Late applications will not be accepted.