5 reasons to study a masters in Air Transport Management at Surrey
Our masters in Air Transport Management provides you with a wealth of personal, professional and academic opportunities in the aviation industry.
Here are the top five reasons why you should choose the University of Surrey for your Air Transport Management masters.
1. Access to three subscriber-databases which are used extensively by the industry:
a) Cirium. This is a depository of daily news items from all around the world and considered to be the global leader in aviation data and analytics. It provides an in-depth assessment of more than 900 airlines, 17,000 airports and 114,000 commercial aircraft to help in strategic decision-making.
b) OAG database. This gives an in-depth insight into airline and airport data including flight frequency and capacity trends, flight statistics data by route, and airport performance.
c) Sabre MIDT Data. The University of Surrey is the world’s only university that provides this important database. It shows the passenger demand, air fares (economy and business class fares) and revenues generated by airlines with the ability to extract such for specific routes/country/regional level
2. Impressive guest speakers: We continuously bring in senior industry executives who are at CEO or Vice President levels to give guest lectures to our students. High profile experts and speakers who get involved in the course. Recent speakers include Rob Britton, former Managing Director for marketing at American Airlines, Professor Rigas Doganis, Air Transport adviser to the European Commmission, the UN and the World Bank, Mark Breen (CEO of Oneiros Aerospace; ex CEO of Fly A Deal; ex COO of Oman Air; ex COO of Cebu Pacific) and Sophie Dekkers, Chief Commercial Officer at easyJet.
3. Give yourself a competitive advantage in today’s international job market: keep up-to-date with current trends and changes within the industry. Surrey is the University of the Year for Graduate Employment in the Good University Guide 2022 as well as winning the Best University Careers/Employability Service for 2022 at the National University Employability Awards.
4. Our unique proximity to two of the world’s largest airports: we are situated halfway between London Heathrow and London Gatwick, airports which serve over 120 global airlines. This allows us to develop outstanding links to the industry.
5. Flexibility: our part-time programme can be accommodated to suit pilot rosters [schedules], airline and airport professionals who are seeking to upgrade their skills in the commercial aspects of the industry.