5 reasons to study a masters in Intercultural Business Communications and Marketing at Surrey
- Stand out from the crowd by studying an enhanced marketing masters: in addition to learning about the business of marketing, you will study the role of language in internal and external communication and marketing in an international context. You’ll gain specialist professional skills that will make you stand out to future employers.
- Real-life and practical examples: you’ll examine how the written word can influence how consumers make decisions and how to develop best practice for spoken communication in globalised business settings. Our teaching is practice-based and you will analyse real-life incidents of language use in business, e.g. social media campaigns, company reports, online advertising.
- Take advantage of the expertise of two schools at Surrey: the Intercultural Business Communications and Marketing master’s is taught across two schools: the School of Literature and Languages and the Surrey Business School. We are proud to be ranked 9th in the UK for business and economics and 61st in the world in the Times Higher Education World Rankings 2022. The Guardian University Guide 2022 ranks us 8th for modern languages and linguistics.
- Belong to a School which is pioneering research into chatbots: Programme Leader Dr Doris Dippold is investigating how chatbots’ language and interaction patterns can be used to entice customers to buy or engage with a service. Learn about the role of technologies, such as chatbots for business and marketing purposes and how they can be optimised.
- By joining a small academic team you will be nurtured through your studies: our staff are dedicated to their teaching and research and will be there to support you on your journey to becoming a global professional. Under the guidance of our internationally renowned academics, you will learn how to conduct research projects professionally, make evidence-informed recommendations to businesses and disseminate the findings with impact. You’ll learn key skills for presentations, written assignments, library research and critical reading.