- 2018-present: Teaching Fellow B in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Surrey.
- 2015-2018: Teaching Fellow A in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Surrey.
- 2015-2018: Associate Lecturer at the Open University.
- 2012-2015: Research Fellow in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Surrey.
- 2010-2012: NRF Innovation Postdoctoral Fellow at the National Institute for Theoretical Physics of South Africa and University of Cape Town.
- 2010-2012: Assistant Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics at the University of Cape Town.
- 2007-2009: Ph.D. Student in Applied Mathematics at the University of Cape Town.
- 2005-2006: M.Sc. Student in Physics at the University of the Witwatersrand (with distinction)
- 2004: B.Sc. (Hons) Student in Theoretical Physics at the University of Cape Town (with distinction).
- 2001-2003: B.Sc. Student majoring in Applied Mathematics, Mathematics and Physics at the University of Cape Town (with a triple distinction).
My full CV is available here.
I am a member of the Fields, Strings and Geometry Group in the Department of Mathematics. My research focuses on gauge-gravity dualities, superstring and supergravity theories, D and M-branes, and quantum integrable systems and underlying algebraic structures. My current research interests include:
- Integrable spin-chains and scattering matrices in AdS/CFT correspondences;
- Hopf superalgebras and quantum group symmetries;
- Supergravity geometries from back-reacting brane configurations;
- D and M-brane giant gravitons with non-trivial topologies in string theory and M-theory.
I teach the following modules in Semester 1 of 2020/21:
- Mathematics I: Pure Mathematics (EEE1031)
- Advanced Techniques in Mathematics (MATM045)
and the following modules in Semester 2 of 2020/21:
- Vector Calculus (MAT1005)
- Introduction to Complex Analysis (MAT2052)
- General Topology (MATM042)
- Supervisor of a BSc Project (year 3) on Special and General Relativity in 2020/21.
- Co-supervisor of an MMath Project on the Nested Algebraic Bethe Ansatz for su(3) spin-chains and beyond in 2020/21.
- Supervisor of a Literature Review (year 3) on Variational Methods in Physics in Semester 1 of 2019/20.
- Supervisor of a Literature Review (year 3) on The Stark Effect and Spectral Line Splitting in the Hydrogen Atom in Semester 2 of 2018/19.
- Personal Tutor of 8 Mathematics undergraduate students in 2019/20.
- Professional Training Year (PTY) Tutor of 2 Mathematics (placement year) students in 2019/20.
- Organiser of the Fields, Strings and Geometry Group Seminars since 2012.
- Organiser of the Amazing Maths Seminars for Mathematics undergraduate students since 2017.
- Mathematics Society Liaison since 2017.
- Departmental Coordinator of the Mathematics Student Mentoring Scheme, run by the Mathematics Society, since 2019.
- Information Asset Owner, jointly coordinating (with Dr M. Wolf) the Department of Mathematics student data policy since 2018.
- Local Co-organiser (with Dr A. Torrielli) of the 11th South-East Mathematical Physics Seminars Meeting on 28 Mar 2018, and the 5th South-East Mathematical Physics Seminars Meeting on 6 Nov 2015 at the University of Surrey, funded by the London Mathematical Society.
- Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy (HEA) since 2016.
- Member of the London Mathematical Society (LMS) since 2015.
Journal Articles [link to INSPIRE]:
- A. Prinsloo, V. Regelskis, A. Torrielli, "Integrable open spin-chains in AdS3/CFT2 correspondences", Phys. Rev. D 92 (2015) 106006 [arXiv:1505.06767].
- A. Prinsloo, "D1 and D5-brane giant gravitons on AdS3 x S3 x S3 x S1", J. High Energy Phys. 12 (2014) 094 [arXiv:1406.6134].
- M. Abbott, J. Murugan, A. Prinsloo, N. Rughoonauth, "Meromorphic functions and the topology of giant gravitons", Phys. Lett. B 730 (2014) 215 [arXiv:1312.4900].
- Y. Lozano, J. Murugan, A. Prinsloo, “A giant graviton genealogy”, J. High Energy Phys., 08 (2013) 109 [arXiv:1305.6932].
- Y. Lozano, A. Prinsloo, “S2 × S3 geometries in ABJM and giant gravitons”, J. High Energy Phys., 04 (2013) 148 [arXiv:1303.3748].
- R. de Mello Koch, B.A.E. Mohammed, J. Murugan, A. Prinsloo, “Beyond the Planar Limit in ABJM”, J. High Energy Phys., 05 (2012) 037 [arXiv:1202.4925].
- D. Giovannoni, J. Murugan, A. Prinsloo, “The giant graviton on AdS4 × CP3 - another step towards the emergence of geometry”, J. High Energy Phys., 12 (2011) 003 [arXiv:1108.3084].
- J. Murugan, A. Prinsloo, “ABJM dibaryon spectroscopy”, J. High Energy Phys., 05 (2011) 129 (2011) [arXiv:1103.1163].
- A. Hamilton, J. Murugan, A. Prinsloo, “Lessons from giant gravitons on AdS5×T1,1”, J. High Energy Phys., 06 (2010) 017 [arXiv:1001.2306].
- A. Hamilton, J. Murugan, A. Prinsloo, M. Strydom, “A note on dual giant gravitons on AdS4 × CP3”, J. High Energy Phys., 04 (2009) 132 [arXiv:0901.0009].
- A. Hamilton, J. Murugan, A. Prinsloo, “A note on the universality of the Hagedorn behavior of pp-wave strings”, J. High Energy Phys., 02 (2008) 108 [arXiv:0712.3059].
- A. Prinsloo, “γi-deformed Lax pair for rotating strings in the fast motion limit”, J. High Energy Phys., 01 (2006) 050 [arXiv:hep-th/0510095].
- C. Koen, L.A. Balona, K. Khadaroo, I. Lane, A. Prinsloo, B. Smith, C.D. Laney, Pulsations in β Pictoris, Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 344 (2003) 1250.
Theses and Dissertations:
- A. Prinsloo, “Applications of the gauge theory/gravity correspondence” (Ph.D. Thesis), Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics (Supervisor: Dr Jeffrey Murugan), University of Cape Town (2010).
- A. Prinsloo, “AdS/CFT correspondence in a nonsupersymmetric γi-deformed background” (M.Sc. Dissertation), Department of Physics and Centre for Theoretical Physics (Supervisor: Prof Robert de Mello Koch), University of the Witwatersrand (2007).
Invited Conference Talks:
- "Giant gravitons on AdS3 x S3 x S3 x S1", Permutations and Gauge-String Duality 2014 Workshop, Queen Mary College, University of London, 21-25 July 2014 (link to pdf).
- "The topology of giant gravitons", 1st South-East Mathematical Physics Seminars Meeting, University of Kent, 2 April 2014 (link to pdf).
- "Integrable open spin-chains in AdS3/CFT2", Young Researchers Integrability School, Durham University, 6-10 July 2015; and IGST 2015 Conference, King's College, University of London, 13-17 July 2015 (link to pdf).