Dr Lucia Florescu
Lucia Florescu joined the University of Surrey in 2017 as a Lecturer in Medical Imaging and Wellcome Trust Fellow. Prior to joining Surrey, she worked in research and development at Elekta, acting as a Lead Physicist on the conception, development and implementation of cutting-edge technologies for image-guided radiation therapy and image-based radiation dosimetry. Prior to this, she was an Associate Research Scientist at Columbia University, a Research Associate at the University of Pennsylvania, a US Academy of Sciences (NRC) scholar at NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, and a California Nano-Systems Institute & Hewlett Packard postdoctoral scholar at the University of California Los Angeles. She has received her PhD in Physics from the University of Toronto.
Her research focuses on developing a fundamental understanding of the interaction between radiation and biological tissue and exploiting this to devise new techniques and image reconstruction algorithms for advanced biomedical tomographic imaging.
Optical Tomography, Computed Tomography, Cone-Beam CT, Functional Imaging
Inverse Problems, Interior Tomography, Radiation Transport , Machine Learning
Image Guided Radiation Therapy, Optical-CT Gel Dosimetry
I am actively recruiting PhD students for a number of projects, including
- Polarisation-sensitive optical tomography
- Deep learning for advanced CBCT reconstruction and image-guided radiation therapy
- Cherenkov emission based optical tomography for functional image guided radiation therapy
For more information, please contact me at email@example.com
Postgraduate research supervision
- Current PhD students I supervise as principal supervisor:
Jigar Dubal, "Optical Tomography for Functional Image Guided Radiation Therapy" (2019-present)
Matthew Faulkner, "Nonreciprocal Broken-Ray Tomography" (2018-present)
- Undergraduate Project supervision:
Elley Bridges, "Interior Tomography" (2019-2020)
Matthew Faulkner, "Optical CT reconstruction based on incomplete data: applications to radiation dosimetry" (2017-2018)
- Lecturer: EEE1033 Computer and Digital Logic, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Surrey
- Personal Tutor for undergraduate students.