Mr Rupert Flindt
Before joining the department Rupert worked as a Senior Studio Manager with BBC Audio and Music for many years specialising in music mixing and training.
As well as teaching recording techniques for the Tonmeister degree course he is also a visiting lecturer to the BBC Academy, regularly working at the BBC Wood Norton training centre in Evesham. He also delivers training for the Institute of Professional Sound and other production companies.
Still an active freelance Sound Supervisor, Rupert mixes all genres of music (with a particular interest in merging orchestras with rock or jazz bands) both for the BBC and Independent broadcasters.
Radio and TV Experience includes:
- Studio recordings - BBC studios, Abbey Road, Air Studios etc.
- Broadcast events - BBC in Hyde Park, T in the Park, Glastonbury, The BBC Proms, TBI media etc.
- Theatre events - The Olivier Awards, The Royal Opera House, Radio 2 Folk Awards etc.
- Artists mixed have ranged from - Bon Jovi to Bryn Terfel, Randy Newman to Robbie Williams, Stereophonics to Shirley Bassey...
Performing groups mixed include:
- BBC Symphony Orchestra, BBC Concert Orchestra, The RPO, The Guy Barker Band, BBC Big Band, Britten Sinfonia, The Heritage Orchestra etc.
Rupert is also on the executive committee of the Institute of Professional Sound.