Organise a reunion
Have you ever wondered what happened to your university classmates? Where are they now and what are they up to?
We believe reunions are a wonderful way to bring everyone back together again, to reminisce and rekindle old friendships. They can also provide great professional networking opportunities.
There are no hard and fast rules for how to organise a reunion – they can be anything from a casual get-together in a centrally located pub, to a whole weekend of activity.
If you're interested in organising a reunion for your classmates, year-group or society then we would love to hear from you. The Alumni and Development Office can help support you through the process.
We have developed two reunion guides – one focused on UK reunions and the other for our international graduates – which provide step-by-step guidance for both casual and more formal reunions.
Here, you will also find a useful supporting materials you can use for your reunion, including invite templates and tips on finding your ideal venue.
Explore our comprehensive guides to learn more about organising a reunion (files open as PDF):
How we can help
There are a number of ways in which we can help you with your reunion, providing assistance to:
- Guide you through the reunion process
- Advise on contactable alumni
- Provide information about venues on campus
- Book venues on campus
- Provide event publicity before and after the reunion
- Send out ‘save the date’ notes and invitations to contactable alumni
- Book Student Ambassadors for complimentary guided campus or departmental tours
- Support in booking off-campus accommodation
- Provide maps, directions and signage for campus events
- Prepare guest badges
- Provide a video message with an update on the University from the Pro Vice-Chancellor (International Relations) – overseas alumni only
- Support in sourcing Surrey-branded merchandise or in making your own reunion merchandise
- Arrange a University representative to support and provide an update on Surrey to your guests (where possible)
Documents to help you organise your reunion
- Venue checklist
- ‘Save the date’ template
- Invitation template
- Programme template
- Self-guided campus tour