As a PhD student you will receive rigorous training in research methods, outstanding supervision and mentorship, and coursework that will give you both in-depth and broad subject-specific knowledge.
What we are researching
Human resource assessment and performance
- Assessment for recruitment and selection
- Employee engagement
- Performance measurement and metrics
- Personality assessment and development
- Survey design
- Human resource analytics and evaluation
Leadership and team processes
- Leader-member exchange and relational perspectives on leadership
- Emotions in team processes
- Intuition, decision making and judgement
- Personality and leadership behaviour
- The role of leadership in creating positive and rewarding jobs
- Negotiation, conflict management, and conflict resolution
Quality of working life
- Pay and reward
- Work-family interface
- Job satisfaction, motivation, and engagement
- Socio-demography of work
- Job quality
- Perceptions of injustice in the workplace
Find a course
Find out more about applying to Surrey.
Our Doctoral College supports the academic and professional development of postgraduate researchers to ensure our world-leading research continues to grow. There is also an extensive Researcher Development Programme run at university level.
What our students say
Read our student profiles to discover first-hand what it's like to study with us.
My supervisor was supportive and he has always guided me. He was the person who made me rely on my own initiatives and be independent.Mojdeh Mehrganrad, PhD Management and Business