Equality and diversity
We are a member of the Institute of Physics' equality and diversity initiative, Project Juno.
Facilitated through the Departmental Equality and Diversity Committee, Project Juno promotes best practices for equality and diversity within UK physics departments through five principles:
- A robust organisation framework to deliver equality of opportunity and reward
- Appointment and selection processes and procedures that encourage all to apply for positions at all levels
- Departmental structures and systems which support and encourage the progression or promotion of all and enable them to progress and continue in their careers
- Departmental organisation, structure, management arrangements and culture that are open, inclusive and transparent and encourage the participation of all within the department
- Flexible approaches and provisions that enable individuals, at all career and life stages, to optimize their contribution to their department, institution and to science, technology, engineering and mathematics.