Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) bursary 2018 entry
DCMS is providing bursaries for UK residents with professional experience looking to retrain and transition into cyber security, for GCHQ-certified programmes.
About the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) bursary 2018 entry
We currently have the following programme that is GCHQ-certified which falls under the DCMS bursary scheme:
Awards made in receipt of a DCMS bursary may cover all or part of the programme tuition fee.
The opportunity to apply for the DCMS Bursary has been offered in both the 2016/17 and 2017/18 academic years to parties that meet the aforementioned eligibility criteria. As funding for the bursary is provided wholly by the DCMS (a body external to the University) the continuation of the bursary in future academic years is at the discretion of the DCMS.
Eligibility criteria for the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) bursary 2018 entry
Eligible students will be selected by the University of Surrey and must meet the following criteria:
- Be a UK national or EU/EEA/Swiss national who is ordinarily resident in the UK other than for the principal purpose of education.
- Be undertaking the course specified above and not undertaking any other forms of formal education.
- Not applying for this course straight from an undergraduate degree.
- Not previously held employment as a cyber security professional (cyber security was not a significant part of any previous job function – i.e. less than 50% of a previous job role).
- Applying with a clear and demonstrable intention to retrain to become a cyber security professional in the UK.
- Subject to a criminal record check. An up to date basic check (a criminal conviction certificate) must be provided by the prospective recipient to the University of Surrey prior to a bursary award.
All students selected for this bursary scheme are expected to meet the usual minimum entry requirements for the course.
If you as an applicant feel you are qualified for the bursary scheme, please highlight this in your application.
How to apply for the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) bursary 2018 entry
The University will identify eligible students, so there is no application form for this scheme.