Michael Schenker Scholarship 2019 entry
The Michael Schenker Scholarship is now open to receive applications from undergraduate UK/EU/International students applying to study civil engineering in 2019.
About the Michael Schenker Scholarship 2019 entry
The Michael Schenker Scholarship has been established by the late Leo and Alda Schenker in tribute to the memory of their son, Michael. Alumnus Leo Schenker studied Civil Engineering as an undergraduate at the University of Surrey’s forerunner institution, Battersea Polytechnic. At Battersea, Leo received a scholarship that covered tuition and materials such as books. Following the untimely death of their son Michael, Leo and his wife Alda decided to set up memorials at the higher education institutions that helped Leo succeed. Leo firmly believed that the education and experiences he received at these institutions, enabled him to have a successful career, allowing him and Alda to raise their children in a way that gave them a good start in life.
The Michael Schenker Scholarship provides £3,000 a year for up to five years, including a Professional Training placement if taken. The Scholarship aims to encourage and support undergraduate students on the Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) or MEng degree programme at the University of Surrey:
Students can receive the Michael Schenker Scholarship in addition to a University Merit Scholarship as well as any other bursary, prize and award for which they are eligible, if successful.
Eligibility criteria for the Michael Schenker Scholarship 2019 entry
To be eligible you must meet the following criteria:
- Achieve AAA at A level, excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking (or equivalent*)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be applying for a civil engineering course
*Equivalent grades are as follows:
- AAA at A-Level (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) or
- 36 points in the International Baccalaureate or
- D*DD in the BTEC (QCF level 3) Extended Diploma or
- AAAAB in Scottish Highers plus AA in Scottish Advanced Highers in relevant subjects or
- A2A2A2A2A2A2 in Irish Highers or
- D3, D3, M1 in the principal subjects in the Cambridge Pre-U.
How to apply for the Michael Schenker Scholarship 2019 entry