Experimental investigation of pharmaceutical tablet manufacturing
This project aims to identify critical material attributes and process parameters during pharmaceutical tablet manufacturing.
Start date1 July 2023
- Home student tuition fees will be covered
- Stipend of £17,668 per year.
This project aims to identify critical material attributes and critical process parameters for pharmaceutical tablet manufacturing. Specific tasks for this project include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake critical literature review to understand the background, the state-of-the-art and the challenges, and to identify the knowledge gap
- To carry out experimental investigation to understand how properties of pharmaceutical formulations applicable to assess tabletting performance can be measured
- To explore the influence of powder properties and process conditions on pharmaceutical tablet manufacturing.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who holds a master degree or equivalent in engineering, pharmaceutics, or a closely-related discipline, with a keen interest in pharmaceutical engineering.
The candidate should be a good team player and can engage in collaboration with good oral and written communication skills. Previous experience or some knowledge in particle technology are desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
We accept applications from UK students. Outstanding EU and overseas students are welcome to apply.
English language requirements
IELTS Academic: 6.5 or above (or equivalent) with 6.0 in each individual category.
How to apply
In the first instance, please email a copy of CV, and/or transcripts to Professor Charley Wu (firstname.lastname@example.org), before submitting your formal application.
Applications should be sent through via the PhD Chemical and Process Engineering course page.
Read our studentship FAQs to find out more about applying and funding.