The University of Surrey has today been ranked fourth in the Guardian University Guide 2016.
This represents the third year that the University has risen within the top ten, ranking sixth last year and eighth previously. This year’s fourth position puts Surrey ahead of Imperial and University College London (UCL), joining Cambridge and Oxford in the top four.
"This is fantastic news for the University, confirming Surrey's position as one of the very best universities in the UK,” said Professor Michael Kearney, Acting Vice-Chancellor of the University of Surrey.
"Our continued success is testament to the hard work and commitment of our staff to provide an outstanding student experience, high-quality teaching and cutting-edge research. This ensures that our students are fully equipped for the next stage in their lives and that our graduates are eagerly sought after by employers.
“This year, with our new School of Veterinary Medicine, the launch of a major research centre dedicated to 5G mobile technology, and the commencement of our strategic partnership with NPL (National Physical Laboratory), there are lots more exciting developments to look forward to."
Surrey also enjoyed a number of success in the subject-specific rankings, with 13 subjects in the top ten:
- 1st for Hospitality, Event Management and Tourism
- 2nd for Accounting & Finance and Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- 3rd for Drama & Dance and Sociology
- 4th for Economics and Music
- 5th for Psychology
- 6th for Mathematics
- 7th for Biosciences, Business, Management and Marketing, and Civil Engineering
- 8th for Computer Science and Information Systems
Discover more about the wonderful things that happen here at one of our Open Days, order your copy of our 2016 prospectus or see how Surrey ranks in other league tables. You can also explore the Guardian University Guide 2016 in full.
Media Relations Manager (Corporate Communications)
University of Surrey Press Office
- Out-of-hours: +44 (0)7773 479911
Senate House, University of Surrey
Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH
- Accounting and Finance
- Biosciences and Medicine
- Business and Management
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Hospitality, Events, Tourism and Transport
- Music and Sound Recording
- Performing Arts