Academic and research departmentsFaculty of Health and Medical Sciences, School of Biosciences.
After completing my BSc in Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of Surrey, I worked in both the NHS and private sector as a dietitian.This has included a wide range of patient groups and specialist areas including hepato-pancreato-biliary surgery and mental health in high secure services. I then returned to the University of Surrey in a teaching role with a special interest in teaching nutrition and dietetics in practice, surgical dietetic management and dietetic input in a mental health services.
I am currently on the committee of the Parenteral and Nutrition Group (PENG) of the British Dietetic Association, and on the Malnutrition Action Group (MAG), a standing committee for BAPEN.
Affiliations and memberships
Member and on the committee for the parenteral and enteral nutrition group; education.
2020/2021 Academic year
Undergraduate L6 projects
Undergraduate personal tutor
Level 3 Student/Staff Liaison Representative
Postgraduate L7 projects
Clinical placement support and reviews (B and C placements)
Module Organiser for the level 4 module Key Skills for Nutrition and Dietetics (BMS1034)
Module Organiser for the level 4 module Principles of Nutrition and Health (BMS1055)
I teach on the following modules:
- BMS1955 - Principles of Nutrition and Health
- BMS1034 - Key Skills for Nutrition and Dietetics
- BMS2040 - Key Skills for Nutrition and Dietetics 2
- BMS2049 - Applied Dietetics
- MCO4037 - Applied Dietetics 2
- BMS3068 - Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics
- BMS 3076 - Research Project (supervision of research project students)
- BMSM001 - Module 1: Principles of Nutritional Science
- MHUM001 - Fundamentals of Human Nutrition
- MHUM002 - Nutritional Evaluation and Assessment
- MHUM008 - Clinical Nutrition and Nutrition Support