I graduated with a BSc degree in Mathematics from Royal Holloway, University of London and gained a PhD in Statistics also from Royal Holloway in 1994. In 2003 I was appointed as a lecturer in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Surrey.
- Design of experiments
- Residual analysis
- Statistical process control
- J.D.Godolphin  Construction of row-column factorial designs, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, https://doi.org/10.1111/rssb.12305
- D.A. Faux and J.D.Godolphin  Manual timing in physics experiments: error and uncertainty, American Journal of Physics, 87, 110-115.
- J.D.Godolphin  Two-level factorial and fractional factorial replicates in blocks of size two, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 133, 120-137.
- J.D.Godolphin  Designs with blocks of size two and application to microarray experiments,The Annals of Statistics, 46, 2775–2805.
- J.D.Godolphin  A note on the robustness of PBIBD(2)s against breakdown in the event of observation loss, Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics, 60, 199-208.
- J.D.Godolphin  A link between the E-value and the robustness of block designs, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 111, 1736-1745.
- J.D.Godolphin and E.J. Godolphin  The robustness of resolvable block designs against the loss of whole blocks or replicates, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 163, 34-42.
- J.D.Godolphin and E.J. Godolphin  The use of treatment concurrences to assess robustness of binary block designs against the loss of whole blocks, Australian and New Zealand Journal of Statistics, 57, 225-239.
- J.D.Godolphin and H.R.Warren  An efficient procedure for the avoidance of disconnected incomplete block designs, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 71, 1134-1146.
- J.D.Godolphin  On the Connectivity Problem for m-way Designs, Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice, 7, 732-744.
- J.D.Godolphin and H.R.Warren  Improved Conditions for the Robustness of Binary Block Designs Against the Loss of Whole Blocks, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 141, 3498-3505.
- J.D.Godolphin  New formulations for recursive residuals as a diagnostic tool in the classical linear model with arbitrary rank, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 53, 2119-2128.
- S.T.Bate, E.J.Godolphin and J.D.Godolphin  Choosing cross-over designs when few subjects are available, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 52, 1572-1586.
- E.J.Godolphin and J.D.Godolphin  A note on the information matrix for multiplicative seasonal autoregressive moving average models, Journal of Time Series Analysis, 28, 783-791.
- J.D.Godolphin  The specification of rank reducing observation sets in experimental design, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 51, 1862-1874.
- J.D.Godolphin  Reducing the impact of missing values in factorial experiments arranged in blocks, Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 22, 669-682.
- K.Triantafyllopoulos, J.D.Godolphin and E.J.Godolphin  Process improvement in the micro-electronic industry by state space modelling, Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 21, 465-475.
- J.D.Godolphin  Simple pilot procedures for the avoidance of disconnected experimental designs, Applied Statistics, 53, 133-147.
- J.D.Godolphin and E.J.Godolphin  On the connectivity of row-column designs, Utilitas Mathematica, 60, 51-65.