Dr Mary Hilditch
Academic and research departmentsDepartment of Mechanical Engineering Sciences.
Mary Hilditch has a broad experience of mechanical engineering and teaching in higher education. After completing a D.Phil relating to heat transfer in gas turbines at University of Oxford, she spent 17 years working on experimental research projects for industry in the fields of turbomachinery and power generation and was involved in facility operation and design, instrumentation, thermo-fluid dynamics and heat transfer. Dr Hilditch has taught on higher education programmes for more than 10 years and has been at the University of Surrey since 2017. She brings her prior experience to a broad range of teaching and student projects with interests ranging across design, fluid mechanics and energy.
University roles and responsibilities
- Programme Leader Mechanical Engineering
- Year 4 Tutor
- Responsible for Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Teaching Laboratories
Affiliations and memberships
- Fluid mechanics
- Engineering education
- ENG1063 Materials and Statics
- ENG1066 Solid Mechanics 1
- ENG1067 Experimental and Transferable Skills
- ENG2087 Design Project
- ENGM001 Multi-Disciplinary Design Project