Senior Lecturer in Sleep & Circadian Rhythms (since April 2012)Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, UK.
Lecturer in Sleep & Circadian Rhythms (October 2009)Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Surrey, UK.
Research Associate in Sleep & Chronobiology (2004-2009)Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland.
Post-doctoral Research Fellow in Neuroscience (2002-2004)Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA.
Ph.D. Cellular & Molecular Biology, Biology of Ageing (1998-2002)University of René Descartes Paris 5, France. INSERM U549, Paris, France.
Master in Biochemistry & Biology of Ageing (1996-1998)(Master I in Biochemistry; Master II = French DEA in Biology of Ageing)University of Paris 5 & 7, France.
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry (1994-1996)University of Paris 7, France.
Sleep & Circadian Rhythms - Pharmacology of Sleep and WakefulnessCellular and molecular mechanisms underlying the regulation of the daily sleep-wake cycle; Hypnotics and wake-promoting compounds.
Physiology of Neurotransmitter & Neuropeptide SystemsGABAergic transmission and GABAA receptors; adenosinergic system; neuropeptides (i.e., hypocretins/orexins, corticotrophin-releasing hormone, somatostatin/cortistatin, vasopressin, oxytocin).
Disorders of the Central Nervous System - AgingInsomnia; Stress; Addiction; Aging; Neurodegenerative diseases (i.e., Alzheimer's disease)
- New Investigator Research Grant- British Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council; BB/I008926/1; 2011-2014; £494,741; 36 months; to R. Winsky-Sommerer (PI).
- Investigator-initiated Research Grant- Pharmaceutical Company; £157,745; 12 months; to R. Winsky-Sommerer (PI), D-J Dijk, S. Archer.
- Feasibility Study Grant- MILES (Models and Mathematics in Life and Social Sciences) University of Surrey; £11,561; to K. Wells, A. Hilton, J. Kilner, R. Winsky-Sommerer.
- Sponsor Award- Grant Seminar Competition 2010-2011, Institute of Advanced Studies, University of Surrey; £2,500 to R. Winsky-Sommerer & D-J Dijk. Two-day international workshop “Multidisciplinary Dissection of Sleep Phenotypes in Animals and Humans”, July 13-14, 2011
- University of Surrey.Research Grant- Forschungskredit 2007 University of Zurich; FK2007#54321101; 2007-2009; CHF100,000; 24 months; to R. Winsky-Sommerer (PI).
- Award for Outstanding Basic Sleep Research 2009- Swiss Society of Sleep Research, Sleep Medicine and Chronobiology.
BMS1023 Chemistry & Mathematics for the BiosciencesBMS1030 BiochemistryBMS2033 Analytical Biochemistry & ChemistryBMS2046 Pathology and MedicineBMS3055 Pharmacology 2BMS3064 Neuroscience 2 - Module organiserMSc Clinical Biochemistry
Supervision of research students (BSc, MSc and PhD students)
- Divisional Representative on the Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences Ethics Committee (since 2010)
- Organiser of external (national and international) speakers for the monthly Sleep, Chronobiology & Neurodisorders Theme meetings (since 2010)
European Sleep Research Society (ESRS) - Coordinator of the ESRS forum for Women in Sleep ResearchSleep Research Society (SRS)FENS (Federation of European Neuroscience Societies)British Neuroscience Society (BNA)