Dr. Vahid Mirzabeiki is a Lecturer B (Assistant Professor) in Operations Management at the Department of Business Transformation of Surrey Business School.
Prior to joining Surrey, for five years (2013-2018) he held the positions of Senior Research Fellow and Lecturer in Supply Chain Management at Cranfiled University School of Management, and for more than two years (2018-2020) he worked as a Senior Lecturer in Operations Management and the Director of Executive MBA Apprenticeship programme at Coventry University Business School. Vahid conducted his doctoral studies at Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden. He has received his Post Graduate Certificate (PGCert) in Academic Practice from Cranfield University. Vahid is a Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy (SFHEA) and a Member of Chartered Management Institute (MCMI).
Through several research and consulting projects, he has worked with and has studied leading organisations in Sweden and the UK, including DHL, Volvo, Nestlé, Pladis, GS1, and Swedish Transport Administration.
Besides research, authorship, consultancy and company advising, he has more than fourteen years of experience in advanced teaching and module and programme leadership. Vahid has been invited by leading universities as a guest speaker. Vahid has had supervision roles at Trinity College Dublin and he is External Examiner at Middlesex University Business School.
Affiliations and memberships
Vahid’s researches are published in the International Journal of Operations and Production Management, International Journal of Production Research, International Journal of Production Economics, Journal of Business Research, International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, The International Journal of Logistics Management, British Food Journal, Operations Management Research, Management Research Review, and International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management among all. He has written several book chapters, industrial journal articles, white papers and published teaching cases. He reviews papers for a number of leading journals of management and business fields. He has organised and chaired workshops and special tracks at several international conferences including EurOMA and POMS annual meetings.
Vahid’s main themes of research include:
- Digitalisation of supply chains
- Omnichannel integration, through data management
- Collaboration-led sustainability in supply chains
- Co-opetition in supply chains
Vahid is currently leading the project 'Adopting the Internet-of-Things in Omni-Channel: The Role of Inter-Organisational Collaboration', funded by University of Surrey (started in 2021).
He has been a project lead and a co-investigator on a number of research and consulting projects funded by major industrial clients. A few of his previous projects include:
- 'Co-opetition in UK Logistics Industry' (2016-2017), funded by Cranfield University School of Management (project lead).
- 'GS1 Standards for Managing the Cost to Serve in Apparel Supply Chains' (2016), funded by GS1 UK (project lead).
- ‘Project Step Change in Agri-Food Logistics Ecosystems (SCALE) (2013-2015), funded by Interreg NWE, EU, in collaboration with DHL Supply Chain (Vahid worked as a full-time Senior Research Fellow at Cranfield University for two years on this project).
- ‘Intelligent Industrial Goods and ERP Systems’ (2008-2010), funded by Swedish Transport Administration (Vahid's PhD studies were mainly funded through this project).
- ‘Intelligent Excavation’ (2017-2018), funded by Highways England (co-investigator).
- Supply Chain Management (MAN3101)
- Executive Convenience Leadership Programme
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics (MANM250)
- Operations Management (MAN1059)