LIRICS: Linguistic infrastructure for interoperable resources and systems
LIRICS is a research project in the EU eContent programme with a consortium that brings together leading experts in the field of NLP and related standards development via participation in ISO committee and National Standardisation committees. The Consortium has strong Industry support and involvement through the 21 members of the LIRICS Industry Advisory Group.
Aims and objectives
LIRICS aims are to:
- Provide ISO ratified standards for language technology to enable the exchange and reuse of multilingual language resources
- Facilitate the implementation of these standards for end-users by providing an open-source implementation platform, related web services and test suites building on legacy formats, tools and data
- Gain full industry support and input to the standards development via the Industry Advisory group and demonstration workshops
- Provide a pay-per-use business model for use by Industry and, in particular SMEs, validated during the project for the benefit of all actors in the content and language industries.
The LIRICS consortium consists of:
- INRIA - French National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control
- DFKI - German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence
- The University of Sheffield
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche - Istituto di Linguistica Computazionale
- University of Vienna
- University of Tilburg
- Max Planck Institute
- University of Surrey
- Institute for Applied Linguistics, University Pompeu Fabra.