The Researcher Development Programme offer one-to-one appointments in person, via Skype or via Zoom about any aspect of your research life at Surrey.
- Managing your manager or supervisor
- Presentation skills
- Academic writing
- Time management
- Working in a research team
- Preparing for conferences
- Raising your profile
- Managing a research project
- Mock interviews
- Planning for the future
- Fellowship plans and research funding
- Life as a doctoral student
- Life as a research staff member
- Any workshops on our list for distance or part time researchers
- Viva or confirmation practice
Book a one-to-one appointment
To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This will require a short description of what you would like to talk about. Please note: whenever possible, timings for these meetings will be arranged to fit with international time zones or the working patterns of part-time researchers. We do offer out of office hours appointments when necessary.
For one-to-one appointments with a careers adviser please see the careers and employability page.
New members of staff
All new members of early career research staff at the University are invited to meet with a member of the Researcher Development Programme team to discuss the opportunities and professional development available. Please email email@example.com if you would like to set up such a meeting.