Centre for Business Analytics in Practice publications
Find out about calls for papers and sample recent journal papers.
Call for papers
OR Spectrum (ABS 3*)
- Special Issue on “Advancements in Stochastic DEA and Environmental Efficiency Applications”
- Editors: Ali Emrouznejad and Vincent Charles
- Submission deadline: July 31, 2023
Journal of Business Research (ABS 3*)
- Special issue on “Advancements in Artificial Intelligence-based Prescriptive and Cognitive Analytics for Business Performance”
- Editors: Vincent Charles, Ali Emrouznejad, and Werner H. Kunz
Journal of Simulation
- Special Issue on “Reimagining Tomorrow with Simulation”
- Editors: Sojung Kim, Masoud Fakhimi, Chao Meng, and Siyang Gao
- Submission deadline: May 31, 2023
Annals of Operations Research (ABS 3*)
- Special Issue on “Transparent and Responsible Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Operations Research”
- Editors: Ali Emrouznejad and Soumyadeb Chowdhury
Journal of Environmental Science & Policy (ABS 3*)
- Special Issue on “DEA-based index systems for addressing the United Nations’ SDGs”
- Editors: Vincent Charles and Ali Emrouznejad
Machine Learning with Applications
- Special Issue on “Revolutionising Search Experience: Intelligent Search Engines Powered by Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning”
- Editors: Ali Emrouznejad and Vincent Charles
- Submission deadline: August 31, 2023
Sample journal papers
- An, Q., P. Wang, A. Emrouznejad, and J. (2020). Fixed cost allocation based on the principle of efficiency invariance in two-stage systems, European Journal of Operational Research 283 (2): 662-675.
- Azadi, M., R, Kazemi Matin, A. Emrouznejad, and W. Ho (2022) Evaluating Sustainably Resilient Supply Chains: A Stochastic Double Frontier Analytic Model Considering NetZero. Annals of Operations Research.
- Boehme, T., J. Aitken., N. Turner, and R. Handfield (2021) Covid-19 response of an additive manufacturing cluster in Australia, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 26 (6): 767-784.
- Charles, V. A. Emrouznejad, T. Gherman, and J. Cochran (2022) Why data analytics is an art?, Significance 19 (6): 42-4.
- Kava, Harkaran, Konstantina Spanaki, Masoud Fakhimi, Thanos Papadopoulos, Stella Despoudi, and Oscar Rodriguez-Espindola. "Data analytics diffusion in the UK renewable energy sector: an innovation perspective." Annals of Operations Research (2021): 1-26.
- Kerstens, K., Sadeghi, J., Toloo, M., Van de Woestynex, I., Procedures for Ranking Technical and Cost Efficient Units: With a Focus on Nonconvexity, European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 300, Issue 1, 269-281, 2022.
- Lindsay, C.F. and J. Aitken (2022) Using Programme Theory to evaluate Lean interventions in healthcare, Production Planning & Control: 1-18.
- Michali, M., A. Emrouznejad, A. Dehnokhalaji, and B. Cleg (2023) Subsampling Bootstrap in Network DEA, European Journal of Operational Research, 305 (2): 766-780.
- Mirzabeiki, V. and J. Aitken (2023) Panarchy-based transformative supply chain resilience: the role of supply chain capital. International Journal of Operations & Production Management.
- Pereira, J., Tavalaei, M. M., & Ozalp, H. (2019). Blockchain-based platforms: Decentralized infrastructures and its boundary conditions. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 146, 94-102.
- Ray, A.S., and A. Sengupta (2022) Knowledge exchange under asymmetric information in emerging economies: impact of signals from Indian universities, Industrial and Corporate Change 31(1): 62–88.
- Rossi F., and A. Sengupta (2022) Implementing strategic changes in universities’ knowledge exchange profiles: The role and nature of managerial interventions, Journal of Business Research (144): 874-887.
- Spanaki, Konstantina, Uthayasankar Sivarajah, Masoud Fakhimi, Stella Despoudi, and Zahir Irani. "Disruptive technologies in agricultural operations: A systematic review of AI-driven AgriTech research." Annals of Operations Research 308 (2022), no. 1-2: 491-524.
- Tavalaei, M. M., & Cennamo, C. (2021). In search of complementarities within and across platform ecosystems: Complementors’ relative standing and performance in mobile apps ecosystems. Long Range Planning, 54(5), 101994.
- Tavalaei, M. M., & Santalo, J. (2019). Pure versus hybrid competitive strategies in the airport industry. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 124, 444-455.
- Tavana, M., Izadikhah, M., Toloo, M., Roostaee, R., A New Non-Radial Directional Distance Model for Data Envelopment Analysis Problems with Negative and Flexible Measures, OMEGA, Vol. 102, 102355, 2021.
- Toloo, M., Ebrahimi, B., Amin, G.R., New DEA models for classifying flexible measures: the role of non-Archimedean Epsilon, European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 292, Issue 3, 2021.
- Toloo, M., Keshavarz E., Hatami-Marbini, A., Selecting data envelopment analysis models: A data-driven application to EU countries, OMEGA, Vol. 101,102248, 2021.
- Toloo, M., Mensah, E.K., Salahi, M., Robust optimization and its duality in data envelopment analysis, OMEGA, Vol. 108, 102583, 2022.
- Toloo, M., Tone, K., Izadikhak, M., Selecting slacks-based data envelopment analysis models, European Journal of Operational Research, 2023, in press
- Tone, K., Toloo, M., Izadikhak, M., A Modified Slacks-Based Measure of Efficiency in Data Envelopment Analysis, European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 286, Issue 2, 560-571, 2020.