Evidencing Your Practice (Leadership)
- Module code
This module aims to:
- Enable you to demonstrate advancement of your knowledge, skills and understanding in relation to the relevant underpinning evidence base within your area of practice.
- Explore opportunities to enhance organisational culture utilising the evidence base.
- Support you to empower and support the development of healthcare workers.
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Critically analyse, synthesis and evaluate the evidence base informing healthcare leadership
- Demonstrate an empowering and supportive approach to management in healthcare
- Critically reflect on your personal and professional development as a leader/manager and role model
- Demonstrate advancement of your practice through reflection on the dimensions for healthcare leadership.
Indicative module content includes:
- E-learning materials to assist you to evidence your practice
- Topics will focus on:
- Valuing and engaging people and services
- Evaluating and presenting information
- Direction, progress and evaluation
- Developing team resilience and capability.
Learning and teaching methods
Delivery of module
This is an online, e-learning module accessible via the University Surrey Learn platform.
Access points for group work and submissions will be online only.
The dates are suggested for online discussion forums and tutor contact only.
The portfolio will comprise of two elements:
- A self-assessment and development document within the portfolio (pass/fail)
- Four, 750 word analyses of the pillars of leadership (NHS Leadership Academy – 2014).
Take a look at the module reading list.
- An undergraduate honours degree or equivalent
- Currently working within the area of leadership and management within healthcare
- A commitment to distance learning.
Fees and funding
How to apply
Please download and fill in an application form.
- Applications typically close four weeks before the start of the module or earlier if we reach a maximum number of applications. If we still have spaces on the course, we may extend the application deadline date.
- It is important to ensure that you complete all sections and answer all questions, incomplete forms will cause a delay and may result in you missing out on an available place.
- If you are registered on a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course then you will need to complete an application form for each CPD module you wish to apply for.
Send your completed application to email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
When you accept an offer of a place at the University of Surrey, you are agreeing to comply with our policies and regulations and our terms and conditions. You are also confirming you have read and understood the University's prospective student privacy notice.
If your sponsoring healthcare provider is funding you for this module, by submitting an application you agree to allow all information regarding your module (for example your exam results) to be shared with the sponsoring provider.
If you withdraw less than seven days before the module commences or do not attend on the first day (without informing the module administrator) the full cost of the module will be charged. Withdrawals after the module commences will also be charged.
Places are confirmed approximately one month before the module start date. Please note that modules may be subject to teaching availability, student demand and/or class size caps.
Modules listed are indicative, reflecting the information available at the time of publication. The University of Surrey has used its reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of publishing, but changes (for example to module content) may occur given the interval between publishing and commencement of the module. It is therefore very important to check this website for any updates before you apply for a module with us. Read more.