We have a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer, optical spectroscopies, analytical instruments and a £2m refurbished chemistry research laboratory, to name a few.
Our Joseph Kenyon Laboratory has had a revamp and now has over double the existing fume hood capacity and a larger IT facility. It implements new luminaires and has replaced fridges with an energy-efficient cold room. It is a safe place to work, with the installation of daylight simulation and fire-resistant storage cupboards.
The laboratory's low energy consumption, carbon footprint and operational cost have further boosted its reputation as an innovative laboratory.
Available analytical instruments
There are a number of instruments we have available for students, researchers and businesses to use. There is usually a fee associated with use to cover running costs and consumables. Samples will usually need to be submitted for analysis by a suitably experienced technician, but in some circumstances the staff or student will be able to do the work themselves.
Get in contact
Please contact Dr Daniel Driscoll for further information.
Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
- Bruker 300MHz NMR spectrometer
- Bruker 500MHz NMR spectrometer.
- PANalytical X’Pert Pro X-ray diffractometer
- PANalytical X’Pert Powder X-ray diffractometer
- Philips 1830 X-ray diffractometer.
- Agilent 7890a-5975c GCMS
- ThermoQuest Finnigan Voyager GCMS
- Micromass GCT classic Time-of-Flight MS
- HP 5890 GC (electron capture detector / nitrogen-phosphorus detector)
- Agilent 6890n GC (Flame ionisation detector)
- CSi 200 series GC (FID) x 2
- ThermoFinnigan Surveyor HPLC (UV-vis / RI)
- Varian 920-LC HPLC (UV-vis)
- Varian 920-LC HPLC (UV-vis, ELSD)
- Varian Polaris HPLC (UV-vis)
- Dionex ICS5000 ion chromatograph.
Spectroscopy and elemental analysis
- Applied Photophysics Chirascan (Circular dichroism)
- Agilent Cary600 FTIR
- Perkin Elmer System2000 FTIR
- Perkin Elmer System2000 Raman FTIR
- Perkin Elmer LS50B fluorimeter
- Perkin Elmer Lambda 750 UV-vis
- BioChrom Libra UV-vis
- Jasco Polarimeter
- Perkin Elmer AAnalyst 400 FAAS
- Agilent200 series FAAS / GFAAS
- Agilent 7700 ICPMS
- Exeter Analytical CHN analyser.
- Linseis dilatometer
- ESS ecosys-ρ Residual Gas Analyser.