Our team produce world-leading research in collaboration with business, government, and academic institutions in a cross-disciplinary partnership to deliver insights into a range of research themes.
Digital platforms and new business ecosystems
- Business strategy in the age of digital competition
- Digital platform innovation
- Digital platforms and international development
- Digital platforms, ecosystems performance and governance
- Digital value creation and capture and digital business models
- Ecosystems emergence and evolution
Digital transformation of government
- Digital government
- Open data and digital transformation in the public sector
- Open data, digital transformation and innovation in the public sector
Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Emerging working practices in the digital age
- Entrepreneurial finance, venture capital and business angel
- Failure and legitimacy in entrepreneurship
- Gender and entrepreneurship
- Scale-ups in the digital economy
Ethics and privacy of big data
- Artificial intelligence and business decision making
- Ethics and AI
- Governance and business responsibilities of digitalisation
- Responsible innovation in the digital economy
Social innovation and sustainability
- Cultural entrepreneurship in global challenges
- Social entrepreneurship
- Social impact investing and responsible management
- Sustainable innovation for social inclusion
- Unintended consequences of innovation and entrepreneurship
- Automation and the digital advertising ecosystem
- Emotions, communication and interactions in social media platforms
- Evolution of social media platforms
Government as a Platform (GaaP): New digital government models for the UK and Latin America
This research is a key role-player in generating knowledge and providing practical advice for understanding, implementing and fostering policy in digital transformations in the UK and Latin America government organisations.
It has influenced a major shift in thinking about Government as a Platform (GaaP), towards improving citizen engagement, digitising and opening-up government to increase public value.
In addition, this research aimed to democratise access to services and foster the social and economic development of communities around government data-driven services.
Centre of Digital Economy
We are closely associated with the Centre of Digital Economy (CoDE). At CoDE, we drive forward joint projects in order to leverage the opportunities created by the digital economy to enhance society and enrich human life. We also push the boundaries of knowledge and management practice in the digital economy through our cutting-edge research and our deep engagement with business and government.