Radar and Remote Sensing
12 - 16 November 2018
This popular course, which is regularly updated, has been especially designed for:
- Graduates with engineering/science backgrounds working or planning to work in the radar field
- Practising engineers wishing to extend their knowledge of modern radar
- Please be aware that this is a technical course and goes into some depth.
Please note that we reserve the right to alter the syllabus. Any major changes will be notified to delegates before the course starts.
1. The Radar Equations
2. RCS and Doppler effect
3. Introduction to Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR/ISAR)
o Synthetic-aperture radar (SAR) fundamentals
4. Introduction to SAR Processing
o SAR fundamentals (recap)
Day 2 – Antennas, Propagation and Radar Applications
o Antenna Principles and Designs
Day 3 – Waveforms, Tracking, Recognition, and Phased Arrays
Day 4 – Radar Processing and EW
o Constant false-alarm-rate (CFAR) detection
o Moving-target indications and detection (MTI/MTD)
o Active and Passive Electronic Counter Measures (EA)
Day 5 - Airborne and Space-borne Radar SystemsSpace-based radar
SAR Techniques and Applications
- Professor Mike Underhill - Underhill Research
- Dr Simon Watts
- Dr Andy Stove
- Dr Glen Davidson of Thales UK
- Dr Rafaella Guida - University of Surrey
- Pasquale Lerlovino - University of Surrey.
This is a week long course, from Monday 12 - Friday 16 November 2018.
Price per person, including lunch, refreshments and printed course notes:
Non IET members:
- £1900 - Standard rate
- £1750 - Early bird rate for payment received one month before the course start date.
For IET Members (proof of membership needed):
- £1900 - Standard rate
- £1650 - Early bird rate for payment received one month before the course start date.
How to apply
Payment can be accepted by purchase order, credit card or bank transfer on our online store, which will be available soon.
Please note that we do not charge VAT as we are an educational establishment.
Payments will be accepted subject to availability. If making payment by credit card, please forward the transaction receipt by email to Barbara Steel.
For a brochure please email Barbara Steel.
Terms and conditions
- Cancellations notified in writing ten working days before the event; we charge a cancellation fee of 35% of the standard rate. If we have already received payment we refund 65% of the full fee
- Cancellations within 10 working days before the event; We charge these at the full rate and do not give refunds
- If no written notice of cancellation is received, no refund can be made
- The University of Surrey reserves the right to cancel any event. In this case, the full fee will be refunded unless a mutually convenient transfer can be arranged
- Details of event changes or cancellations are available by phoning +44 (0)1483 686040
- Delegates can make a provisional registration for a course by telephone or email. However bookings are only acknowledged formally once payment has been received
- Substitutions, from the same company, may be made following consultation with the Continuing Education Manager
- The University reserves the right to cancel any course on the grounds of insufficient numbers or for other reasons beyond our control. In this case the full fee will be refunded unless a mutually convenient transfer can be arranged
- Registrations cannot be accepted without a valid Purchase order, credit card payment or cheque.
Enquiries should be addressed to Barbara Steel in the faculties Professional Development Office:
- Tel: +44 (0)1483 686040
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.