Research at the Department of Strategy and International Business
Our research has been influential in the fields of social enterprise, international business, organisational behaviour, trade and strategic management. We have published work responding to these themes in world-leading journals.
We undertake business-relevant research across a wide range of topics.
- Home-based and family businesses, and mobile working
- New working practices, wellbeing and the work-life interface
- Excellence and the development of expertise
- Organisational design, incentives and ownership
- Foreign direct investment (FDI)
- Knowledge transfer and multi-national enterprises
- Locational determinants of FDI
- Economic globalisation and convergence/divergence of global standards
- Political risk
- Foreign market entry
- Nonmarket strategy and corporate political activity
- Environmental management, and research and development partnerships
- Business model innovation
- Management learning
- Strategy and structure of professional services firms
Meet the team
New solutions are born out of new thinking and our team are never afraid to try, test and learn.