6pm - 8pm
Monday 9 July 2018
Schools Physicist of the Year awards
The Schools Physicist of the Year awards 2018 celebrates the talent of exceptional students studying physics in all of the local area’s schools.
University of Surrey
This event has passed
Teachers can nominate students from year 10 and 12 for this award.
Certificates and prizes are to be presented at a special event at the University of Surrey campus, in the Rik Medlik building. Get instructions on how to get to the building from Google maps.
Nominated students are invited to bring two family guests, plus your teacher and you should let your teacher know who and how many guests will be attending.
- Student award winners arrive with families and teachers
- Physics demonstrations
- Food and light refreshments served in the foyer.
- Lecture by Professor Jim Al-Khalili.
- Official presentation of awards and prizes, by Professor Stephen Sweeney, Head of the Department of Physics
- Opportunity to have individual photographs taken.
Prof Jim Al-KhaliliDistinguished Chair, Professor of Physics, Professor of Public Engagement in Science, Centre Director
Find out how to get to the University, make your way around campus and see what you can do when you get here.