Extended Reality Lab
We are investigating how our environment and others in our immediate environment can affect our emotions, cognitions and behaviour. We are also interested in how virtual reality technology can be used to improve wellbeing and psychological health.
Recent and ongoing projects include:
- Using virtual reality to explore how natural environments promote recovery from stress
- Vicarious fear learning and reduction within a virtual reality environment. Exploring social factors in Virtual Reality Exposure Therapy
- How virtual reality representations of nature can help to improve mood and reduce depressive symptoms. Whether VR nature experiences can help to foster stronger connections to the natural world and improve the effectiveness of psychotherapeutic interventions
- Virtually Home: The effect of personalising a virtual space on territorial attachment and mood
- Investigating the psychological characteristics of individuals with fear of heights.
Explore the Lab
Take a tour
Take a tour of our Extended Reality (XR) Lab with Psychology PhD student Sean to find out more about our equipment and software, and the potential applications of these tools.