Race Equality Charter
We are committed to addressing ethnic inequalities relevant to staff and students.
What we are doing
We are monitoring our ethnicity pay gap and BAME awarding gap rate, and implementing initiatives to address these inequalities. As a member Advance HE’s Race Equality Charter, which recognises excellence in advancing racial equality in higher education, the University and our Faculty are invested in make real changes to instil a more inclusive culture, by changing policies and procedures to ensure that we are offering equal opportunities for staff and students from all ethnic groups.
- Make a positive difference to the experience of black and minority ethnic students and staff.
- Consolidate and celebrate previous and current work.
- Focus on identifying meaningful and challenging race equality objectives and actions for the next three years.
- Do more to promote an inclusive culture and enhance our reputation within the sector.
- Improve the way in which we meet our legislative duties.
- Embed and mainstream equality.