Ted Adams Trust Nursing Scholarship 2024 entry
Supporting mature students (25 years and over) living in Guildford and surrounding areas who want to study adult, mental health, children's nursing or midwifery at the University of Surrey. This scholarship is worth £3,000 each year of study up to a total of £9,000.
Applications are invited for September 2024.
The Ted Adams Trust Scholarship provides £3,000 a year for a maximum of three years and aims to encourage and support undergraduate and postgraduate students on the following nursing courses at the University of Surrey:
- Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse Mental Health Nursing) BSc (Hons)
- Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse Adult Nursing) BSc (Hons)
- Nursing Studies (Registered Nurse Children and Young People Nursing) BSc (Hons)
- Midwifery (Registered Midwife) BSc (Hons)
Students can receive the Ted Adams Trust Scholarship in addition to a University Merit Scholarship as well as any other bursary, prize and award for which they are eligible, if successful.
“The scholarship has helped me pay for childcare and given me more time to study, which has been a huge weight off my mind! I’ve also used some of the money to buy a bike, so I can commute to the University and my clinical placements.”
Jenni Shipp, BSc (Hons) Midwifery (Registered Midwife) student
To be considered for the Ted Adams Trust Scholarship for Student Nurses applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a mature student (25 years old or over)
- Applying to study one of the following courses at the University of Surrey:
- Have been living in Guildford or the surrounding area for at least three years
- Require financial assistance to be able to pursue a career in nursing.
How to apply
Successful applicants will be notified by the end of June of the year they are applying for, with the first scholarship payment being received in their first semester (October) subject to them being accepted onto the course, registering and starting the course.