Business Boost MultiMind Challenge 2021
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your skills and experience to a new challenge and find out how businesses and organisations could benefit from your academic expertise? Perhaps you’re thinking about potential career paths outside of academia, to develop your consultancy skills or test out your ability to work on a real-world challenge that requires a multidisciplinary approach?
This 3-week MultiMind Challenge will give you all the inspiration, frameworks, tools and knowledge you need to give it a try!
The Universities of Surrey, Essex and Sussex have come together with the SeNSS DTP over the past 18 months to deliver the ESRC-funded Business Boost 2020 project. Through this, many of you will have accessed a number of different workshops, programmes and training events to develop skills and improve your capabilities around business engagement and collaboration. This is your chance to put all of that knowledge to the test through this 3-week live challenge programme.
The ESRC Business Boost MultiMind Challenge, in partnership with Skillfluence, launches on 26th July. Using the principles of 'design thinking,' researchers will work together and apply their skills to a real-world opportunity or challenge, presented by our partner Aguardio, who have just been named a Top 100 United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) start up!
The aim is for the partner company to benefit from the input of a world class team of researchers, whilst the researchers gain access to a unique learning and development opportunity. It's an online, time-limited collaborative activity that culminates in each team of researchers pitching their solution back to the partner and prizes will be awarded to the winners and the runners up, as selected by the ESRC IAA Management Board.
The challenge is open to SeNSS DTP Early Career Researchers and Post Graduate Researchers in the Social Sciences.
Register here to take part in the 3-week challenge which runs on a Tuesday and Thursday (10.00 – 11.30) from 27th July – 12th August.
- Register by 19th July to gain access to the specific challenge set by Aguardio.
- Attend 6 x 90-minute sessions over the 3 weeks to work with your team to generate a response to the Challenge.
- Work together outside of the live sessions to apply your learning.
- Pitch your response back to the Aguardio on 12th August.
Do I need to join with a team?
- No, multidisciplinary teams will be formed as part of the challenge, no need to find a team in advance.
Do I need to attend all live sessions?
- We recommend you attend all sessions so you can work with your team to address the challenge. Some of the session content will be recorded for review purposes, but it’s primarily to revisit elements of the training not designed for ‘catch-up’ viewing.
When will I know what the challenge is?
- You will be given access to the Challenge and supporting eLearning site from 19th July. The challenge will be a real opportunity facing the organisation and they’d value the input of the world-class researchers taking part.
What kind of challenge is it? What if I’m not from the technical area?
- It’s a non-technical challenge and you will be given the skills, knowledge and tools to address the challenge as a team. You will draw on all of your collective experience and the principles of design thinking we show you, to address the challenge.