I have worked full time as a Teaching Fellow at the University of Surrey since August 2012. I have a background in adult nursing and midwifery, qualifying as a Health Visitor in 1998. My health visiting experience has included working as a health visitor (GP attached and corporate team), a liaison health visitor for a Walk-in Centre and a practice development health visitor.
As a Practice Development Facilitator, I have worked both at a local and strategic level to develop practice for health visiting and school nursing services. My role included the setting up training programmes, the development of guidelines, service audit and service innovation. This work gave me a wide breadth of experience in developing evidence based practice to support service provision for identified local health needs.
Areas of specialism
University roles and responsibilities
- Director of Studies for Specialist Practice
- School Lead for Recognition of Prior Learning and Recognition of Prior Credit
Affiliations and memberships
I teach on MSc/BSc Public Health Practice with SCPHN programme.
I am Module Lead for:
- Early Intervention: Working with Children, Parents and Carers
- Public Health Assessment and Health Promotion Intervention
- Specialist Practice in SCPHN with V100