Academic and research departmentsSchool of Health Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences.
Mark is a Senior Teaching Fellow within the School of Health Sciences and became the Director of Studies for MSc Advanced Clinical Practice in October 2022. Prior to this Mark was the Director of Studies for our BSc (Hons) and MSc Healthcare Practice programmes. He joined the University of Surrey in 2015 as a Teaching Fellow on our BSc Paramedic Science programme and became the Paramedic Field Lead until 2018.
Mark joined the West Midlands Ambulance Service in 1998 and transferred to South East Coast Ambulance Service in 2007. In 2008 Mark qualified as a Critical Care Paramedic and subsequently completed a MSc Advanced Paramedic Practice (Critical Care) at the University of Hertfordshire.
University roles and responsibilities
- Director of Studies MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- Module Leader (Multiple modules)
- School of Health Sciences Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee member
- Staff Development Fund member
- Office of Student Complaints, Appeals and Regulation (OSCAR) panel member
- Long-term conditions and ageing cluster member
Affiliations and memberships
Main areas of interest:
- Advanced Assessment
- Health Assessment
- Supporting Education in Practice
- Evidencing Your Practice
- Developing Yourself Professionally and Personally
- Critical Care
- Airway Management
- Decision making
- Dissertation supervision