Mona received a BSc (Hons) in Pharmaceutical Science in 2006 and a MSc in Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry in 2013, both from the Faculty of Pharmacy, Helwan University, Egypt. After receiving her BSc degree she worked as Teaching Assistant then Assistant Lecturer in Egypt until she got a Newton-Mosharafa PhD scholarship which supported her to join the University of Surrey as a PhD researcher in 2015.
Affiliations and memberships
1- Application areas:
- Analysis of human biological samples
- Biosensors for medical conditions monitoring
- Drug analysis in pharmaceutical dosage form
- Quality control analysis of pharmaceutical formulation.
2- Technical Area:
- Pharmaceutical analytical chemistry
- Instrumental analysis (spectrophotometric, spectrofluorometric, chromatographic separation and electro-analysis)
- Method validation
- Ion-selective electrodes
- Chemical sensors.
- Dr Begona Delgado-Charro, Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, University of Bath, UK
Indicators of esteem
- Keynote Presentation & Session Chair at the Biosensors 2018, 28th anniversary world congress on biosensors in Florida, USA (June 2018)
- Poster Presentation at Doctoral college conference, University of Surrey, UK (July 2017)
- 3-Minutes research competition at FEPS Festival of research, University of Surrey, UK (June 2017)
- Poster Presentation at SCI Electrochemistry Postgraduate Conference, University of Southampton, UK (May 2017)
- Oral Presentation at 5th International Conference on Bio-Sensing Technology in Italy (May 2017)
Awards and grants:
- RSC Downland Prize for University of Surrey Postgraduate of the Year 2017-18 (9/2018).
- Newton-Mosharafa PhD scholarship award (9/2015 - present)
- RSC Researcher mobility grant (3/2018 - present)
- RSC Travel Grants for PhD Students and Early Career Scientists (5/2018)
- University of Surrey Postgraduate conference grant, FEPS faculty research support fund (FRSF) Award (3/2018)
- RSC Overseas conference travel grant from the Analytical Chemistry Trust Fund (4/2017)