We plan to deliver programmes that meet the Level 7 senior leader masters apprenticeship standard. The programme will be aimed at managers and senior leaders currently living in England and employed in the hospitality, tourism and events industries. Our delivery model is blended, with apprentices learning via a combination of online and face to face delivery.
Further information on our apprenticeship programmes will be available in due course.
Contact our Apprenticeships team
About our courses
Our programmes are being designed to develop strong leadership skills amongst top talent. All modules are sector specific and designed to meet industry standards developed by employers. The programme combines theoretical and experiential learning and includes off-the-job self-study, on-the-job project based learning and mentoring.
Apprentices must have significant experience of working at a supervisory or managerial level within our industry sectors and have the necessary foundations on which to further build their knowledge, skills and behaviour. They will spend part of their time learning with us (online and block release) and part with their employers, learning while working. A rigorous assessment is required to test both academic learning and professional competencies.
- Develop skills to fulfil leadership role requirements and progress their careers.
- Engage with other learners, network and share best practices.
- Gain a full apprenticeship certification and masters level qualification while working.
- Benefit from the government funding scheme (90 per cent for non-levy payers).
- Increase productivity by giving staff the opportunity to become highly qualified in their respective roles.
- Retrain and upskill existing staff.
- Take an active role, working with the University in preparing the next generation of leaders for our industry.
- Use the programmes as part of their staff recruitment and retention strategy.
- Use their levy fund to pay for apprenticeship training and the assessment (where applicable).
Indicative modules include:
- Applied strategy for hospitality, tourism and events
- Behaviour at work
- Managing and leading people
- Operations management with finance and marketing
- Research methods and professional practice
- Strategic human resource management
- Strategic management of companies
- Technology, change and innovation.